1. Oakland A’s (48-30) the A’s split with the New York Mets in their 8-5 victory on Wednesday, take on Miami in a three-game series.
2. Detroit Tigers (43-32) the Tigers have won seven straight as they swept Cleveland and Texas on the road. The Tigers have the best road record at 24-13. Tigers at last place in the AL West Houston Astros for a three-game series.
3. Milwaukee Brewers (49-32) “the Brew Crew” continues to lead the NL Central by a hand-full of games. The Brewers winners of six out of eight, hosts Colorado in a four-game series. They took game one 7-4, on Thursday.
4. San Francisco Giants (46-33) the Giants slipped a notch as they lost three of their last four including their 3-1 loss to visiting Cincinnati Reds. The Giants offense have scored three runs in those three losses.
5. Toronto Blue Jays (45-36) the Blue Jays have won three of four including their 7-0 victory over the Chicago White Sox.
6. L.A. Angels (44-33) the Angels had back-to-back home sweeps of the Rangers and the Twins. The Angels begin a six-game road trip, which will start in Kansas City against the Royals for three.
7. L.A. Dodgers (45-36) the Dodgers have won eight out of 10 and 10 out of 13 and they have closed the Giants lead two games.
8. Cincinnati Reds (40-38) the Reds are red-hot. The Reds have won five out of six and 11 out of 15, they have done most of the damage with Joey Votto in the line-up. They beat the Giants 3-1 in the first game of the four-game series at San Fran.
9. St. Louis Cardinals (43-37) the Cardinals have won four out of six and they five game (in the loss column) behind the Brewers.
10. Baltimore Orioles (41-36) the Birds have won four out of five and six out of eight and tied AL East leading Blue Jays with 36 losses. They have a twin-bill with Tampa Bay in part of a four-game home series.