Who is #1? Last week Oakland was on top B-Cool’s list, they Detroit Tigers (#3) swept the three-game series. But the Tigers just go swept by Tampa Bay. #2 Milwaukee just lost a series against the Cincinnati Reds and they lost five out of six. A’s added a new pitcher. The Reds was fourth, but they were swept by the Padres.
1. L.A. Dodgers (5) 51-40, the Dodgers took three out of four from the Colorado Rockies. The Dodgers have a deep pitching staff with Clayton Kershaw, Zack Greinke and Hyun-JIn Ryu. The Dodgers take on Detroit Tigers in a two-game road series.
2. Oakland A’s (1) 55-33, the A’s have won four in a row by sweeping Toronto in the four game series. The A’s take on San Francisco in a four-game Bay-Series Classic, the first two games are in Oakland.
3. L.A. Angels (6) 51-36, the Angels swept Houston Astros in their four game series and have won 13 out of 16 games. Albert Pujols was 10-for-12 (.833) with two homers and seven RBIs in his last three games.
4. Milwaukee (2) 52-37, “the Brew Crew” maintains a four and a half game lead in the NL Central. Brewers host Philadelphia in a four-game series.
5. Detroit (3) 48-37, the Tigers were swept by Tampa Bay in their three-game series. Miquel Cabrera was 0-9 in the last three games. He is 6-for-36 (.167) in his last ten. The Tigers host Dodgers in a two-game home series.
6. Atlanta (10) 49-39, the Braves were riding a nine-game winning streak. Freddie Freeman is 7-for-20 in his last five games with three RBIs. The Braves at Mets for a four-game series.
7. Washington (UR) 48-39, the Nats are just 1/2 game behind Atlanta Braves and they have 7 out of 8. The Nationals take on Baltimore in a four-game home-and-away series. First two games at Nationals Park.
8. Cincinnati (4) 45-42, the Reds rebounded by winning the three-game series against Milwaukee. The Reds at Cubs for a four-game series.
9. Baltimore (UR) 48-40, the Birds soared into first place in the AL East by winning five out of six. The Orioles Nelson Cruz was 8-for-11 in the last two Oriole victory at Fenway Park. The Orioles take on the Nationals in a four-game home-and-away series.
10. San Francisco (7) 49-39, the Giants still have their way against the Padres by winning the last two. Up to that point, the Giants had lost seven straight and nine out of ten.