- Kevin Love in the post – Love dominated any body (especially Lance Stevenson) in the paint. Love owned the third quarter and helped the Cavs to a 89-70 cushion. Love finished with 27 points and he was a perfect 12 for 12 from the free-throw line.
- Iman Shumpert – Shumpert brought energy to the Cavs defense. He played 19 minutes, all in the second-half, and he five points.
- Cavs going away with the paint – The Cavs started to go that three-point shoot-out in the fourth that almost got them in trouble. Cavs miss a three and the Pacers make a basket. That 19-point lead was cut to five with less than two minutes left. Keep feeding the post. Because the Pacers can’t guard anyone in the paint.
- The Cavs turnovers – the Cavs missed shots was not the only defendant. LeBron James had eight. Kyrie Irving had four. The Cavs had 18.
- The Big-3 delivered – Irving, James and Love had 89 of the Cavs 117.
- Deron delivered – Deron Williams play was encouraging. He had three 3’s and a plus-4 on 16 minutes on the court.